Young Persons Supported Work Experience (YPSWE)
Standguide are offering a fully-funded Flexible Support Fund provision – the Young Persons Supported Work Experience (YPSWE) provides voluntary work placements for unemployed people aged 18-24 to enhance their self-confidence, knowledge and experience of the workplace through practical learning. This programme is designed to:
- Provide personalised wraparound support to each learner based on their initial needs assessment
- Ensure ongoing support both pre-placement and in-placement with a professional Mentor
- Learn the ‘ins and outs’ of what it is like to work and the types of work opportunities appropriate to their disability/long-term health condition
- Learn how their long-term barriers can be overcome while gaining the confidence and motivation to actively look for work and/or explore further training and apprenticeship opportunities
- Courses will run between 8-16 weeks depending on level of support needed and length of work placement.
Eligibility: 18-24 year old claimants who are claiming Employment Support Allowance (ESA), Work Related Activity Group (WRAG) and the equivalent Universal Credit Limited Capability Work Group (UCLCWG).
Areas: The YPSWE is currently delivering across the following areas:
- Northumbria, Tyne and Wear
- York, North and East Yorkshire and the Humber
- Cumbria and Lancashire
For more information contact your Jobcentre Plus Work Coach.