Time To Learn
What is Time to Learn?
If you’re a Greater Manchester resident, we want to help you make the best use of your time at home.
Standguide have developed a suite of distance learning courses. There are lots of online learning packages available, but Time to Learn has one big difference. We start with you – your needs, your goals and what you can do to get ready for when life gets back to normal. Whether that’s improving your language and number skills or developing your employability skills, or both, we can help.
What will I gain?
Learners will choose one of three pathways, or combine elements of all three, so that your learning programme will be bespoke to your individual needs.
Some support with IT equipment can be offered.
- Time to Upskill includes personalised courses to improve your literacy, numeracy or digital skills. Whether you’re a beginner, an improver or an ESOL learner, we will help you to make rapid progress.
- Time to get Work Ready covers a range of skills to help you find employment or progress within your existing job when life gets back to normal. We will teach you how to find vacancies, make the most of your CV and succeed at application and interview. Using our vast network of employer connections, we can even put you in touch with live vacancies.
- Time to Qualify is a way to get a full nationally recognised qualification working entirely online. Supported by your tutor, you will use our online platform to learn and then assess your skills. By the time lockdown ends, you could have a new qualification to add to your CV. Choose from vocational qualifications including:
- Level 2 Certificate in Customer Service
- Level 2 Certificate in Customer Service for Health and Social Care Settings
- Level 2 Certificate in Creating a Business Start-up
- Award / Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Level 1 Award in Managing Your Money
How does it work?
Once you’ve called our referral line to register your interest, we will give you a call at a time that suits you to discuss your needs. An adviser will then build a programme for you. You will be allocated a tutor who will contact you and show you how to use our online learning package. With your tutor you can work out how and when you will learn and how you want to be supported. You’ll have regular reviews with your tutor to see how you’re getting on. Programmes are flexible to suit your circumstances and we will work around you.
How much time will it take up?
Everyone is different and you will learn at your own pace. As a guide, most learners will sign up for a 12 week programme, committing around 5 hours per week to learning and a weekly catch up with your tutor. (Some qualification courses will need around 10 hours each week.) If you want to do more, you can.
What happens after?
Whichever pathway you follow, you will have a final review with your tutor to help you decide on your next steps. When restrictions are lifted and we can move back into our learning centres, you will have the opportunity to join one of our face to face qualification courses if that’s what you choose to do. If you decide the time is right to look for new employment, or to continue learning, we will support and guide you for as long as you need.
If you are working or unemployed, Furloughed or looking for something positive to do. Why don’t you give our referrals line a call to register you’re interest and one of our qualified advisors will arrange the correct learning pathway to suit you!