WORK ROUTES in Stoke and Staffordshire is a voluntary programme that will help you develop skills, achieve your goals, and move towards and into work.
Matching your skills to the right job
We believe in supporting you to find the right job. To do this we get to know you, your skills and ambitions. We will then help you to prepare for work and make contact with local employers.
Help to develop your skills and confidence
Our support is individually tailored and can include:
- Personal development – help to build your confidence, health and wellbeing
- Help with daily life – including advice on housing, childcare, money management, healthy eating and much more
- Help to manage health conditions and disability
- Training – from basic skills to IT, vocational and professional qualifications
- Access to benefits advice – to ensure you will be better off in work.
Help to move towards and into work.
- Job search – preparing CVs, applications and interview
- Access to computers, printers and photocopiers at our digital hub
- Work trials – so you can try out jobs and gain experience
- Advice on apprenticeships and self-employment
- A guaranteed interview with one of our partner employers
Once you enter into work we will stay in regular contact with you for at least 13 weeks. You can also contact our helpline for advice and support.
Am I eligible?
WORK ROUTES in Stoke and Staffordshire can help you if you:
- have been long-term unemployed or inactive (26 weeks or longer)
- have a basic skills need
You will also be eligible at any stage of being unemployed or inactive if you have more than one barrier to employment. These may include:
- Lone parent
- Older worker (50+)
- Ethnic minority
- Caring responsibilities (including returning to employment when these end)
- Physical disability or health condition
- Mental Health or Learning Disability
- Drug / Alcohol dependency
- Have low or no qualifications
- Language barrier
Where to find us
We deliver The Work Programme from fully-resourced and dedicated centres. For more information on how to find our offices, please click on one of the below offices for maps and contact details.
This programme is co-financed by the European Social Fund.