Support for 16-24 year olds In the Black Country
Standguide are offering focused Information, Advice and Guidance supported by employability and job skills training to 16-24 year olds in the Black Country. These include customers in education but inactive (i.e. not attending), and customers not in education, employment or training (NEET) across the Black Country.
We deliver tailored careers advice and training primarily through bespoke e-learning platforms, allowing our learners to improve their skills at their own pace. Our support includes, but is not limited to:
- Bespoke Information, Advice and Guidance: Our Mentors will provide focused careers guidance to help learners identify their skills, strengths and employment prospects, giving them the ability to move into local employment, apprenticeships, further training or education opportunities. IAG will be supported with signposting to local NEET provision for skills training.
- Personalised, Hands-On Support: Every learner will benefit from a comprehensive initial assessment, leading to a tailored individual action plan identifying ‘bite sized’ next steps and services. This ensures they continue to move towards their goal without feeling overwhelmed.
- Pre-Employment Activities: Learners can benefit from a range of focused Pre-Employment activities available to those who may need additional support to help move them towards work. This includes employment-focused mentoring e.g. how to effectively jobsearch online and complete applications, CV writing workshops, confidence & motivation and interactive interview technique sessions.
- Tailored Job-Matching and Apprenticeship Service: Our Employer Relations Advisers work with employers across the Black Country, allowing us to offer exclusive, ring-fenced vacancies for local, long-term jobs and match the right employer to the right apprentice / employee.
- Access to Local Businesses: We work with a range of local educational facilities and employers to support our delivery and to develop relevant work experience opportunities at every available opportunity.
16-24 year olds, those in education and inactive,
and not engaged in education, employment or training (NEET).
To refer customers, or for further information, contact our referrals team on 0161 881 4826, or email firstname.lastname@example.org