Get Up and Go 18+
How we help customers
A 10-day motivational training course followed by a 4-week intensive job search programme, with job matching to local, sustainable jobs. Get Up & Go 18+ is designed to help customers to access the right jobs through expert support and guidance.
The course includes:
- Boosting confidence, motivation and self-esteem through one-to-one mentoring support and group work
- Health = Wealth modules. Exploring emotional resilience, active lifestyles and fitness, healthy eating. Encouraging participants to take up new hobbies and activities.
- Guided IT skills and the different ways to effectively job search. Developing knowledge of the changing labour market.
- Understanding the benefits of work, personal barriers to employment and appropriate signposting.
- Ensuring a positive work ethic is instilled to promote positive presentation to an employer and encourage sustainable employment.
- Better Off Calculation and understanding finances/personal budgeting/Tax credits/subsidised travel support – input from Money Matters.
- Understanding all career pathways and external support available (e.g. Access to Work).
- Intensive yet supportive employment preparation, including enhancing soft-skills and an all day workshop on interviews designed to tackle confidence and any anxiety issues.
- Create individualised CVs which can be used to apply for a variety of jobs.
- Personalised support to transition into employment.
- Help and support available once in employment.
- JSA, ESA and Universal Credit claimants aged 18+, including post-Work Programme participants.
Where we operate from
If you have any questions about any of the work we do please contact us on 0161 881 4826 or firstname.lastname@example.org.