How we help customers
All customers who participate in our courses receive two weeks of intensive training and 26 weeks of 1-2-1 support, as well as free access to our training resources.
- Comprehensive tutor-led workshops, tailored to develop specific job search skills, which enable customers to compete effectively for job opportunities.
- Create individualised CVs which can be used to apply for a variety of jobs.
- Develop customers’ interview techniques, including conducting practice interviews for roles they are looking to apply for.
- Specialist courses designed around all aspects of applying for jobs online, which includes completing online application forms, attaching CVs to emails, sourcing vacancies from online job vacancy websites and training people to use Universal Jobmatch.
- A personal budget to spend on whatever the customer, the Destination Work mentor and the Jobcentre Plus Work Coach feel will be of the most benefit: computer equipment, tools, clothes, courses or anything else that will help.
- The chance to meet employers in person to find out what they’re looking for in an employee.
- After the 2 week course participants will be assigned a personal mentor (or they can be referred direct to the mentor)
What exactly does the mentor do?
The Mentor is a person who becomes a buddy and helps participants achieve things they never though they could. They will inspire, motivate and support.
The mentors will never make judgements and only act in the participants best interest. They will help with confidence and communications skills. They will ensure that a CV is the best it possibly can be and target it towards specifics job roles. The participants will be taught how to write speculative letters and fill in application forms. Presentation skills and interview techniques will be covered as well as an in-depth look at how to cope effectively with money. They will discuss the smartest choices for participants to make with their personalised budget and how to ensure it works for them in obtaining employment.
A mentor will really get to know the participants and find out what makes them tick. They will address their
barriers in finding employment, whether
it is anxiety, lack of experience, poor motivation
or health issues.
They are there to help OVERCOME PROBLEMS
Aged 18 to 24, between 0 to 6 months unemployed and on a working age benefit.
Where we are based
We operate from:
Standguide Ltd APM (Pertemps), Unit 84 Chelmsley Wood Shopping Centre, Chelmsley Wood, Solihull, Birmingham B37 5TS
See our introduction presentation to Destination Work on the link below
See our booklet Destination Work on the link below